Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Joy's Favourite Children's Picture Book:

Miss Jaster's Garden is a book full of nostalgic childhood memories for me, memories as beautiful to me as the beautiful illustrations in this lovely gentle picture book. I remember chuckling away as my mother read it to my sister and me.

It is about a short sighted elderly lady who enjoys the company of a hedgehog and accidentally plants some seeds on his back. The hedgehog then accidentally 'steals' her garden as he runs away in fright. A must read, good for your soul, gentle book for any adult who reads to children who love to listen to good books. It has excellent vocab, lots and lots to talk about.

I have been meaning to write a study guide to go with it - maybe one day. For now I am just enjoying reading it to Emma and Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment